Next remote meeting is on Tuesday 5th May @ 8pm,
We feel that it's important to keep in touch during the isolation, so decided to try a Zoom meeting.
We're going to open up video links for everyone but please only turn on your microphone if you have been invited to speak. Background noise of side discussions, spoons clinging in mugs, keyboards tapping, kids screamimg, TV, etc. do a wonderful job of drowning out the discussions.
Details are below but if you haven't done a Zoom meeting before, it's quite easy. All you do is click on a website link and follow the prompts to download a wee bit of software, and run it.
If you type your FULL name when you join in, we'll know you're there, . As hard as it is for some of our more vocal members to stay quiet (you know who you are!), it would be impossible to manage if everyone tries to speak.
- Everyone's mic will be turned off unless invited to speak,
- Thers's chat window that can be opened by clicking a button called "Chat".
- To find menu options, run your mouse to the top or bottom of the screen and they will appear.
- Video links of all members will be visible but if it causes a problem then we'll cut some video streams so you can see and hear the speakers
If you prefer, you can phone in instead, and a telephone number will also be provided (see below)
Dinner will be available from your kitchen prior to the meeting, but as we can't hear you munching, feel free to eat during the meeting.
Feel free to join 30 minutes early to test that it works - but not before that because there may be another meetin in progress..
DETAILS OF ONLINE MEETING
We'll try to keep the same format as normal meetings, with news, club business, and some people will be prepped to do presentations.
Some notes to help this work:
- Your video and microphone will be turned off by default, please only turn these on if you are presenting, or given a chance to speak. Else, chaos will ensue.
- For those not used to online meetings, please note that you must keep your microphone switched off when not speaking. This is because everyone else will hear your conversations and background noises.
- There's a chat facility to let you ask a question - a big button that says "chat" opens up a window that shows, well, chat comments.
To join the meeting by computer:
- Click on the Join Zoom Meeting button or the link below
- You will be asked to run or download a small piece of software - it's safe to do so and it should automatically open the meeting on your computer.
Join Zoom Meeting bu clicking this link
To dial in by telephone
Dial 03 7018 2005
provide the Meeting ID when asked (916 291 069) , followed by a hash (#):
Meeting ID: 916 291 069
Here are other numbers if you're not in Victoria: https://zoom.us/u/adjIIPrcPf