The RRCV website has a copy of the FWD Victoria Trip Leaders handbook (FWDVTLH) so that should be the first reference point for new Trip Leaders and the FAQs below should refer to that, rather than restate any advice that is already covered. The FWDVTLH can be found on the RRCV web site under Members Area | Documents and Forms.
The following are some RRCV specific procedures in the format of FAQs that can be updated over time as new ones arise.
I have listed some FAQs that I can think of below and my responses.
The info below is also available via this link PDF format
1. What makes a good trip?
2. Planning an itinerary
3. Do I need to do a reconnaissance?
4. Do I need an Emergency Plan?
5. I need to prepare a Trip Leaders folder to take with me – what should be in it
6. What else do I need for a long or remote trip?
Some of the following:
7. What special trip requirements should I send to participants?
8. How to advertise the trip?
9. What else to do before the trip starts?
10. Can I bring my pets?
11. How to deal with new members or those who have not done driver training
12. What to do at the trip briefing.
13. How do I assess participant’s vehicles and should I do it?
It is useful to briefly take a look at participant’s vehicles, particularly if they are temporary members. This may alert you to potential issues during the trip and in extreme cases lead to recommending that a participant should not commence the trip.
Things to look for (depending on trip difficulty) would be.
14. Temporary Members.
15. Daily routine before setting off
16. How to handle mechanical problems on a trip?
17. What if there is an Incident or Accident during the trip?
18. What if a participant wants to leave the trip?
19. What if trip conditions change?
20. What to do at the end of the trip?
21. What to do after the Trip